Jpopmusic.com

JPOP Community
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 76  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:11 am 
Elite Member
Elite Member

list of Online Sellers:

YesAsia US or YesAsia Global
CD Japan or NeoWing
JPOPHELP
JBOOK
Amazon Japan
Tower Records Japan
Tower Record Japan
HMV Japan or HMV HK
Play-Asia
annyoung (Korean Versions of Japanese CDs)
EBAY
CD Universe
Tower Records US
Amazon
SOLcd
Rising Stuff

for purchases from Yahoo! Japan Auction, you can use the following sites for deliverary purposes:
Love9Souls wrote:
Shopping Mall Japan. There are a few others that work as middle men between Japan auction sites and overseas bidders, but from what I hear (as well as my own opinion), SMJ is one of your best options with decent customer service. Check out their site if that's of interest to you.
Mr Waffle wrote:
Bid Service will ship to Australia. SMJ's prices look cheaper, but their shipping fees seem to be related to the USA only- Bid Service's shipping is covered by the flat fee. I've used them a couple of times to get concert tickets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:29 pm 
Elite Member
Elite Member

trim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:08 am 
Elite Member
Elite Member

HMV JP is revising their point system in January of 2009.

You get 1 point for every 100 yen now.
Each point is worth 1 yen. You can use points anytime.

Unless they start having x3 and x4 point specials, this is a definite downgrade.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:30 am 
Elite Member
Elite Member

how was it before?
and is that with or without an hmv point card from the store?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:15 am 
Elite Member
Elite Member

According to the current point scheme which will be replaced in January 2009, you get 1 point for every 500 yen in your order. When you have collected 50 points, you get a thousand yen discount, but if you choose to collect a total of 100 points, you get a 2500 yen discount.
If you have any points lying around at the moment, they'll be converted. The 50 points that you have now will turn into 1000 points and 100 points will turn to 2500 points in January, so at least that's fair.

If the HMV Point Card is the same as HMV Money, then that'll be converted with the rate of each point being worth 1 yen.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:37 am 
Elite Member
Elite Member

So wouldn't that be better? If I am understanding this correctly, every 1 point is equal to 1 yen, so if you buy a CD that's worth 30 dollars you get 3 yen, etc etc.

Isn't that just better rewards?

as for another deputy service, Celga is one that I often use. The only problem I have with Celga is that after a while things get too pricey in terms of fees. You might buy something that's only worth 500 yen, but they'll tack on the commission fee and the internal shipping and bank fees (which is normal for any deputy service), and what kills is the internal shipping since they tend to choose the most expensive even if you want to have your item shipped via the cheapest listed on the auction. Also, bidding is not real time, so if you wanna snipe a bid you can't because they do the bidding for you and sometimes you'll miss an auction if you don't let them know in time.

Another down side is that they do not update the exchange rate everyday, so they bill according to the exchange rate they look up whenever they check and post on the site. While on some occasions this can be good, when the USD has dropped to 89 yen and the next day jumps back up to lets say 101 the next day, it can make a big impact on how expensive your bid will be if they're running around using the $1 -> 89円 for a few days.

Customer service is great, fast and prompt and willing to listen to any problems. I had an issue and they resolved it by discounting my fees. :) Packages come fast and are, majority of the time, well packaged -- I bidded and won two concert pamphlets and the packaging they used ripped slightly but luckily it was in bubblewrap. While on the other hand I won three posters and it came in great, sturdy packaging.

It's just a bit annoying when you bid on something that's 500 yen and because of fees it ends up being close to 1700 or more.

Example of a Recent Auction I had wrote:
Successful Auction Ending Price 1,000 yen
http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f67695404 - 11.00
Bank fee for wiring money to seller in Japan. - 2.00
Shipping within JP. - 5.00
1 Standard markup for under 1,000 yen. - 5.00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:00 pm 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Ladymercury wrote:
So wouldn't that be better? If I am understanding this correctly, every 1 point is equal to 1 yen, so if you buy a CD that's worth 30 dollars you get 3 yen, etc etc.

Isn't that just better rewards?

For example, if you were heading for a 1000 yen discount:
Old scheme: You'd need 50 points, which you would get with an order of 50 * 500 = 25,000 yen.
New scheme: You'd need 1000 points, which you would get with an order of 1000 * 100 = 100,000 yen.

Of course, an advantage to the new scheme is that you can use the points at any given moment. Plus, you shouldn't forget that HMV has the double, triple [and quadruple?] points offers quite often.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:54 pm 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Ah, so it basically gets you to buy more because you think you're getting more points that way. But yeah, I noticed that about HMV. Currently, or last week, they had a Bungee sale and literally almost everything in their inventory was double points and discounted.

HMV is a pretty nice store though, I like how cost efficient it is compared to other online retailers and the discounts are sweet. I kind of prefer them over CDJapan now. lol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:51 am 
アムラー

Does anyone have experience with Small Packet (air) shipping vs EMS to the U.S.?
Or should I just cough up the extra $10 for tracking and insurance? ^^;;

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:04 am 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Small Packet takes forever. Its slow and takes forever, usually 2 weeks because its by whatever space is left on the plane.

Majority of the time your package does arrive 'safely' (I bought two CDs, did SAL, came back with cracked cases... both of them) but I rather go for either Registered Airmail when I'm trying to stay within a budget and it still gets here within reasonable time and its tracked, so if I do have a problem I can bitch to the post office about it.

EMS is always the best way to go cause it arrives to your door in 3 to 5 days - and its always in better packaging -- and of course it has the insurance (up to 200,000 Y i believe) and the intense tracking.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:18 am 

I personally prefer HMV than CDjapan or Yesasia. I can save some money over HMV..

CDjapan's shipping cost is too expensive for me.. Yesasia's shipping is too slow for me XD

Yeah deputy's services for YJA can be really expensive.. I remember bidding for 2500 yen and and up to have $40++ in total.. But I can really use YJA to complete discographies. I remember buying SOULHEAD's 5 albums (all brand new) for $40 (with fees included)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:54 pm 

So has anyone ever bought anything from Tower Records Japan? If you have, how's their shipping? Costwise and do they ship internationally?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:50 am 
Elite Member
Elite Member

I've used them a couple of times recently. They had a couple of Tower exclusives and a 9first press) CD that was out of stock at CD Japan. I was pretty pleased with their shipping, unlike Amazon which took 5 months to get a CD into stock then sent it by the fastest and most expensive delivery method (which I also had to pay duty on) :x

Tower do ship most things overseas. When you put the item into the shopping basket it will be marked if they DON'T ship that item overseas.
Image=This titles is not delivered outside from japan. (このマークの商品の海外発送は行っておりません。)

And the site if pretty much entirely in Japanese :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:59 am 

Hey guys. I'm researching on what website I should get Hata Motohiro CDs. I was thinking about CDjapan, and initially Yesasia. I'm leaning towards CDjapan because they handle the merchandise with lots of care (and I'm willing to pay the crazy shipping costs). I've seen pictures of packages from Yesasia and they turn me off because of the packaging. I've heard that CD cases were cracked from Yesasia. Can someone recommend me a website that's totally reliable? Can someone list:

Name of website
pros
cons
what the packaging is like (bubble wrap, packing peanuts)
shipping costs
shipping time
customer service

Appreciating your help.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:52 pm 

You can read on Raid's guide to online stores

http://raidmyminibar.blogspot.com/2008/ ... guide.html

But personally I prefer HMV over CDjapan and Yesasia xD

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 76  Next